Chinese jujube whole fruit 20~22cm
Ruoqiang ziziphus jujube
Thin skin and tiny date stone
Max Moisture Ratio
Zizipus jujuba, commenly called jujube, Chinese date, red date. (ナツメ/棗 in Japanese,대추in Korean,táo tàu in Vietnamese, bidara in Malay, giuggiole in Italian, hünnap in Turkish, unnab or sfizef in Arabic). It is kind of sweet fruit and has been cultivated in China for more than 4000 years.
Jujube takes a big role in Chinese daily life:
1) China is the world's largest producer and biggest exporter of jujube. More than 90% of the global red jujubes are supplied by China.
2) Many Chinese take jujubes everyday and regard jujube as a daily must.
3) In the traditional Chinese wedding ceremony, the jujube is often placed in the newlyweds' bedroom as a good luck charm for fertility, along with peanuts, longan, and chestnuts, punning on an invocation to "have an honored child soon".
1. Culinary use: Eaten as snacks or added into recipes like cakes, desserts, soup, porridge, tea, milk, etc.
2. Medical use:
1) With the minerals like calcium, iron, magnesium and potassium etc., it enriches the blood and keep blood pressure at healthy levels;
2) With various flavoniods like saponin, it is kind of natural sedative to treat anxiety and insomnia;
3) Rich in desease-fighting Vatamin C, it is antioxidant, strengthens the immunity, and it is good for skin and hair;
4) It is appetite stimulant, digestive aid and a good energy booster.